Dermal Fillers/Botox ClaimsSTART YOUR CLAIM
What are dermal fillers/botox?
Dermal fillers are a collagen material made of natural or synthetic products which vary in standards and are injected to reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles and folds by literally pumping up the target area. They are often used to plump up lips.
Botox (***Botox is a registered trademark!) is also used to achieve similar results. Botox is injected into the muscles to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines by blocking signals from the nerves to the muscles. As a result, the injected muscle can no longer contract which allows the ‘lines’ to relax and diminish.
What are the risks of having dermal fillers/botox?
The most common side effects of dermal fillers include:
- Skin discoloration
- Viral and bacterial infection
- Redness and swelling at the site of injection
- Allergic reactions, lumps under the skin
- Skin ulceration in the injected part
- Drooping or muscle weakness
- You may be unable to blink where too much Botox has been injected into the eyelid area
- Drooling where Botox has been injected around the mouth area
You could be entitled to compensation where you have suffered with prolonged skin irritations or infections at the site of the injection. We may be able to help you make a claim for compensation where you have been left with an unsatisfactory result.
How much compensation am I likely to receive?
If you have been injured or affected as a result of having dermal fillers or botox, find out how much compensation you could receive by filling in our online claims calculator.